Saturday, April 17, 2010

Two simple ways to revamp ugly wood boards!

While cleaning out my craft closet I found these unfinished boards and thought I could spice em up a bit....here's what I came up with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have hardly ANY spring decor so I took some scrapbook paper, wood flowers and ribbon and made a simple spring sign.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Next, my bathroom is completely undecorated so that will explain why this sign is all lonsome. I needed something. I just painted this with cream paint and then stenciled the letters on. After I sanded it down and stained the entire piece. I added jute around the edge and voila!
Two simple ways to spice up some ugly boards!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
(I'm going to get my yard ready for trees and shrubs and grass!)
I'll be back Monday!

The Girl Creative

2 comments:

JESSICA said...

Very cute! I have seen TONS of ugly wooden sign at Goodwill recently!

Sawdust Girl said...

Ah, you're so crafty. Very cute!