Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring paper projects

There are TONS of projects out there using crepe paper. What is crepe paper you ask? Is it just the same as tissue paper? Nope. Here's what Webster has to say about it...

Crepe paper is tissue paper that’s been coated with sizing and then “creped” to create gathers. Sizing is a material such as glue, gelatin, gum, or starch, added to paper pulp or cloth to add sheen and stiffness, among other things. This gives crepe paper a distinct texture and feel, and one quite different from untreated tissue paper.

I had no idea?! I think I might have to go get me some of this crepe paper. Look at all these super cute projects to do with it! Most of them are flowers (it is Spring right) but check out the adorable pom poms!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

all images courtesy of Martha Stewart

If your wanting to make any of these cute projects go here and get started!

Have any of you use crepe paper before? What kind of projects have you made?

***Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see what projects I feature from the Ta-dah Tuesday linky party!***

4 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

I'm just getting into playing with crepe paper. It is very addicting! I used it some of my cupcake topper projects (the banner and flower decorations -> folded roses!) {link below}. I'm going to highlight those two projects on my blog in more detail later this month. I love the ones you've shown here! I'm itching to make some pom poms from tissue paper!

http://mmscrapshoppe.blogspot.com/2010/04/cupcake-toppers-so-much-more-freebie.html

Unknown said...

I love all those projects and have also been oogling them :)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Oooh! How pretty!! I'm visiting from Friend Friday... so glad I did. :) I can't believe I've never visited your blog before. I love it. Very inspirational.

Blessings!
-Sarah
www.harriganhowdy.blogspot.com

crush. blog said...

oooo... note to selves. hit Michael's tomorrow for some crepe paper. we're crushin' on these ideas - it's the start of Spring break here in Massachusetts!