Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cake Batter Yumness!

Are you ready for the most amazing treat to ever hit your lips....ok I exaggerate a little, but this is oh so yummy.  I'm sure many of you have seen this floating around Pintrest along with a bunch of other amazing looking cake batter treats (they will be posted at the end)


Here is all you will need.  This is so easy!


Voila!  Every time I make this my kids jump for joy!

Here is the recipe...

Chex Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies

Ingredients:
5 cups Rice Chex cereal
10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix (any kind of cake mix would work)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vegetable shortening

Directions:
1. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin (I heard that you can make it without the shortening, but it worked great for me to use it).
2. Pour the cereal into a large bowl and drizzle the melted Almond Bark over the cereal. Mix gently with a large spoon or spatula.
3. Dump the cake mix and powdered sugar onto the cereal and mix gently with large spoon until all the cereal is evenly coated.

I do have to say, I felt as though there was a ton of powdery mixture stuff at the bottom of the bowl once you were finished mixing.  Just a fair warning.  And my kiddos LOVE sprinkles and in the cake batter they come with a few, but my kids like to sprinkle more sprinkles right after you put the melted almond bark in.  This way it sticks to the cereal and then add your powdered mixture!

Here are some other yummy cake batter treats... 
 (click on image for link)

Rice Krispie Treats

Pudding Cookies

Birthday Pancakes

2 comments:

Stef said...

This post should have a warning ;) Everything looks so Yummy!

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

Everything looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you will join us again tonight!

Take care,

Trish