Thursday, February 2, 2012

Banana Bread Yumness :)

The best banana bread ever!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ingredients:
Four large ripe bananas (or six small)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 tablespoons sour cream

Mix dry ingredients together and sift. In a mixing bowl, cream softened butter with the sugar and salt. Mix in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Mix until just blended.

Add flour mix to the batter. When making banana bread, use ripe soft bananas. Mash into bowl and add into mixture.

Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray or grease with fresh butter. Pour batter into pan. Bake in preheated 350 F for 1 hour. If a toothpick comes out clean, its done.

Sour cream is the secret ingredient to this banana breads moist texture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My most favorite saying by my most favorite band.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I came across a banana bread recipe that substituted apple sauce and honey instead of sugar and oil...I am on a fixed calorie diet (gotta look good for the next cruise) and wondered if that would be good and how much calories it would actually save...I LOVE me my breads and especially banana bread (with no nuts)...would love a piece of yours (too bad I don't live across the street anymore and you can't make some and run me a piece over) :( It's only a three hour drive---you know you want to drive me some down.