Monday, September 29, 2008

They're baacckk......



So last night I was painting some letters for my blocks and happened upon VH1 doing a 2 hour special on New Kids on the Block. In case you were living under a rock, they were the hottest thing in the early 90's and this video of Step by Step was one of my favorites. And little 11 year old me was absolutely IN LOVE with Jordan Knight. I had pillow cases, sheets, posters, dolls, videos, buttons, the list could go on. I was devastated when they came to Utah for their tour and I wasn't going. That is until my friend Trisha Pace called me up and invited me to go. I couldn't even believe it. This was my first concert ever. I still remember sitting there when the intro started and I finally saw them. Tears were pouring down my face, I could not control myself. The screaming was so loud you couldn't even hear them sing. It was the coolest thing ever. So back to the VH1 special, kinda weird to see those once young, beautiful boys now trying to come back thinking they still got it. Ok maybe they still got it, just a little, but lets leave the past in the past. Don't ruin all of our teeny bopper images of you back in the day. Jordan with his braided tail, Danny with his poof of hair, and Joey with his hole hat!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Okay they all need to be shot!!!!! Get over it! You wanna be preteen!!!

Love Jake

Anonymous said...

Haha, remember 3rd row for Backstreet Boys? That was awesome. We were seriously like the oldest people there, and I think you were like 8 months pregnant with Hannah. Oh, memories.

HeaddaMarie said...

I'm not sure if I am taking Jake's side on this or yours!?! I USED to LOVE NKOTB..but that was how many years ago?!?! Not sure what is up with their "comeback", I guess we shall see how that works out...hehehe You crack me up girl!

Kathy said...

Okay..... Jake and Heather ease up on my poor daugther. She is talking about how she USED to like them. Beckie I think your funny and I do remember when you were YOUNGER how you really enjoyed their concert. We all have those kind of memories, mine was David Cassidy and Donnie Osmond. Boy did I love those guys. Every time I see them on TV it still brings back great memories. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I posted some of the bows I had pictures of on the 'Bowtique' blog. I have a ton more different ones, but I need to stop being lazy and take some pictures.

HeaddaMarie said...

I'm not so sure you really are talking about how you USED to like them...I think secretly you STILL love them! After all I think you did mention something about them having the "right stuff"...hahahaha! You know I love you!

Adam said...

WOW Beck.. I remember how crazy obsessed you were.. It was kinda sick actually lol...Too bad they will never be as crappy as they were.. lol kiddin

MindyMindy said...

UPDATED! ;)

Nothing exciting happening here.
SORRY!

peace

BryceandSally said...

You are so funny! I used to love them to! I had a watch with all of their faces on it!

Have fun on your cruise I'm sure you will lucky girl!!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Hey Beckie - I'm glad you stopped by the blog :). I should warn you, that Marmalade Pairs one is actually one I set up for my calling in our last ward. We don't live there anymore, so that one will be sans any updates probably forever. I should probably just get rid of it already. Our personal blog is reallytherileys.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by :).

Anonymous said...

NOW whose slacking?? YOU.
I've been posting. Have you been checking? lol

Hurry up woman!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I just figured out yer on your cruise. lol
What, no wifi on the boat?
LOVE YA!!
Hope yer having a BLAST!!

Leslie Wentz said...

I tagged you!!!! Check out my blog!