Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On the Menu Monday, but it's Tuesday!


Slow Cooked Roast



This is the absolute EASIEST, yummiest, thing you can make!
All I do it place a roast in my crock pot and sprinkle two packets of brown gravy dry mix over the top. Add in two cups of cold water and cover. Cook on high for 6 hours!

The smell that fills your house is......lets just say they should make a Scentsy scent out of it! :)
With this I make mashed potatoes and use the gravy left over from the roast. I do add a little more water and a tiny bit of flour right in the crock pot after I've removed the roast.

The next day or two we have the leftovers on sub rolls and I make homemade fries. Peel about six medium potatoes and slice them into fries. Lay them on some paper towels to try and remove as much water as you can. Next lay them out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle 2 tbs olive oil. Mix so they are all coated. Next sprinkle a dry packet of Good Seasonings Zesty Italian mix over the top. Place in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Turn the fries and place back in the oven and raise the heat to 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes! Yummy!



1 comment:

Melanie said...

How funny that is actually what we had for dinner on Monday...we cooked a small roast so we didn't have the luxury of having the leftover part but I did have room in my crockpot that I just cut my potatoes and let them cook right in my crockpot and my carrots so I could just take them out and didn't have any extra work. Now I just need something to cook for tonight.....hmmm...