I found this yummy recipe at this website that I LOVE! It's called Recipezaar and people post their recipes and others make it and rate it and give their feedback. There are tons and tons of recipes to look through....it has saved me more than once ;) So here is a recipe for Chicken and Wild Rice soup. Put it in a bread bowl and you will be in heaven....
- 4 cups chicken pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 6 cups water
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Boil chicken in 6 cups of water until well done.
- Take chicken out let cool a while.
- Now you need to add your wild rice.
- Add carrots cook 5 minutes then add in celery, onion and garlic.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Debone chicken pieces and pull apart using hands making small pieces of chicken.
- Add to soup mixture.
- Now it is time to add all your dry seasonings to your soup.
- It is also time to add your peas and corn.
- After this is the time to add your heavy cream.
- Cook on a medium temperature, stirring often until you see it start to cook down or thicken up.
- This will be a process of about 2 hours cooking time.