Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Feather Her Nest Baby Shower



"Feather Her Nest"

baby shower for my sweet nephew Krozby who decided to come a few days early making us cancel the first shower only to have it weeks later with him in attendance :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The invitation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I made this sign using an adorable paper pack that I found at JoAnn's! On every other letter I put burlap on the back using brads in each corner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I made these super easy bird cages using the tutorial found here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I place of bunch of natural birch branches in a vase full of pinto beans. And little paper birds hung with raffia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The bird's were used as the advice cards for the guests to write on the back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The centerpiece to the food table. The birdhouses were found at Hobby Lobby. The eggs were made using plastic Easter eggs by painting them cream, speckling them with brown paint and hot gluing twine around the bottom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yummy yummy vanilla cupcakes with butter cream frosting and toasted coconut for "the nest" and jellybeans for the eggs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The take home gift for the guest were clear bags filled with some moss, jellybeans and a Dove chocolate truffle egg.

In all of the chaos, I didn't even get pictures of my mom's fabulous food. She made Cafe Rio pork salads that would rival the real thing. Soooo yummy!

I love my SIL and nephew so much, but boy am I relieved to have this shower over with :)

**P.S.-The linky party is still open below!**

NightOwlCrafting Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden The Trendy Treehouse Show and Tell Green Photobucket Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party!

The Thrifty Home



7 comments:

Kathy said...

Beckie you did a great job on all the decorations. Everyone is still talking about them. I am so glad I have such a creative and helpful daughter. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Fowl Single File said...

The colors are perfect and I love the theme! I think the paper bird cages are my favorite part. Great job!

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

really fun! i'm into birds/bird cages, etc these days. come share your tutorial with our readers:
http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-linky-party-19/

Andy and Robyn said...

SO awesome---you are so darn crafty it kills me!!! Everything turned out SO great! Good job!!!

Coach A said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing! The cupcakes look so yummy!

Hanna said...

HI there! I am your newest follower! I found you on the crafty link up! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely!! I'm at www.bouffeebambini.blgospot.com

I love all these ideas. So cute! I am just about to start planning a baby shower for my little girl. great inspiration

Kitty Deschanel said...

What a great friend you are! There are so many cute ideas here. I especially love those little bird cages :)

If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link to this on my blog hop!